Join CultivAid in Empowering the Agricultural Sector:
CultivAid is currently seeking an experienced Senior Agronomist to give technical support and training to our teams on the field. The ideal candidate will bring 3-4 years of proven experience in diverse agricultural cultivation and building knowledge infrastructures coupled with excellent training skills, proficiency in cultivating vegetables at a commercial scale and a hands-on attitude.
This role reports directly to the CTO and can work hybrid from Israel with monthly visits to East Africa.
- Technical Support
- Providing professional ongoing support to the projects’ teams in the fields of fertilization, irrigation, plant protection, cultivation, etc.
- Participate in construction of work plans including crop recommendations, input list, Gantt etc.
- Lead R&D projects and instruct the teams on the field.
- Training Activities
- Creation of training materials in the English language: Growing protocols, work instructions, tracking sheets, etc.
- Initiation and planning of group training activities in Israel and abroad.
- Initiation, planning and implementation of field studies and observations in core areas of the organization.
- Professional support for the Israeli interns’ program, including the transfer of online content on a bimonthly basis.
- Data Collection
- Support in collecting agricultural data and editing and publishing annual reports.
- Collaboration and Innovation
- Communication with content expert instructors in Israel
- Support in commercial activity with companies and entrepreneurs in the field of Agro-Tech
- Cultivate a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and continuous improvement.
- International Adaptability
- Navigate diverse cultures and understand the unique challenges faced in international agricultural settings.
- Work effectively in a multi-nationality environment, promoting inclusivity and cultural sensitivity within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural disciplines such as plant science, soil and water management, genetic and nutrient agriculture, biotechnology, or related fields – Required
- 3-4 years of experience in cultivating vegetables both in field and greenhouse environments, with a specialized focus on plant protection methodologies – Required
- Proficiency in operating and managing of various irrigation systems – Required
- Engaging in research and development activities at an advanced level, within academic or professional settings – Required
- Ability to work in a multiple nationality work environment – Required
- Hebrew (Mother Tongue)
- Fluent English speaking and writing
- Experience in project management within an international context, particularly in African regions
- Proficiency in cultivating vegetables at a commercial scale
- Experience working with AutoCAD or GIS